September is here which means school is back in session!
In this episode, NYC mama of three and founder of @strollerinthecity, Brianne Manz, takes the apron for our back-to-school special! Brianne is joined in the kitchen by her daughter Gemma and together they show us how to bake Mexican Chicken and Vegetable Muffins using our easy-to-use veggie bouillon cubes.
Perfect for a busy weeknight when you don't always have the time to prepare a full meal, these savory muffins are super easy to make, packed with nutrients, and ready in under 30 minutes! These fun Mexican muffins are pre-portioned which makes them both freezer and lunchbox friendly...A+!
Check out Brianne’s recipe below and watch the video for a step-by-step guide to making these flavor-packed bites from Brianne and her mini sous chef Gemma.
XO, Brianne & The BOU Crew
Mexican Chicken and Vegetable Muffins
For this recipe, you will need...
- Cooking spray
- 2 BOU vegetable cubes
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 large egg whisked
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/3 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 cup diced cooked chicken
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees and spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking powder, and BOU vegetable cubes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, tomato paste, honey, cheese, and corn.
- Mix the ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Gently fold in the chicken.
- Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full of batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!