Happy Holidays from BOU to you! For our final episode of 2019, we’ve teamed up with home-cook expert and author of Carrie’s Table, Carrie Nachmani. In this episode, Carrie, AKA the mother of mega-influencer Arielle Charnas, shares her signature Mushroom Pie recipe, which features our very own BOU Chicken Bouillon Cubes.
Whether your goal is to impress your relatives visiting for the holidays, whip up an easy dish for your office holiday party, or sneak vegetables into your kids’ holiday meals, this side dish will definitely be the star of the show! Pair it with a glass of wine, some good conversation and you’re good to go!
This is a hearty one (like every holiday recipe should be!) that you’ll never get sick of making — take Carrie’s word for it!
Perfect for every meal and every social occasion, we’ve got your back when it comes to developing delicious recipes that your entire family will enjoy. Our handy BOU Chicken Bouillon Cubes will help you impress all your guests -- with half the prep time and with twice the flavor!
Now, go get cooking! We’ve included Carrie’s full recipe below so you can try this out yourself.
From all of us at BOU, we wish you a happy and food-filled holiday season!
The BOU crew
Mushroom Pie Recipe
- 1 lb Fresh portobello mushrooms peeled & thinly sliced
- 1 Container cottage cheese, whole milk
- 1 lb Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 Chopped white onion
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 BOU Chicken Bouillon Cube
- Onion powder, black pepper & salt
- 6 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- Olive oil
- Start with one pound of chopped mushrooms and place them in a large bowl, along with one chopped onion.
- Mix everything together to distribute evenly.
- Add a pound of shredded cheddar (or any type of your favorite cheese) along with one pound of cottage cheese, a cup of whole milk, and one cup of flour. Mix everything together thoroughly, and add salt and pepper to taste, along with a teaspoon of baking powder.
- Add one BOU Chicken Bouillon Cube and sprinkle over the pie mixture.
- Line pan with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Insert oiled pan into preheated oven, and take pan out once oil is sizzling, which allows for pie to get crispy around the edges
- Distribute mixture into pan and spread evenly to edges.
- Bake for one hour, and let the pie sit for a full hour once it settles.
- Serve as a main or side dish along with your favorite holiday dinner plates.