And we’re back with our 2 new episodes of BOUtube!
These are particularly special for us as it stars our very own BOU brand ambassador Jeremy Jacobowitz (aka @brunchboys) alongside his good friend, chef and restaurateur, Jordan Andino.
With Thanksgiving fast approaching, Jordan shows Jeremy (and us!) how to make his winning Holiday Sauce using BOU’s Classic Country Gravy Cubes.
Easy to replicate, this delicious and velvety gravy is perfect for pairing with everything from roast turkey to stuffing, sweet potato bake and any other savory dish that tickles your fancy. Whether you’re a seasoned pro looking to impress your nearest and dearest, or a novice chef wanting to fool your friends into thinking you’ve spent hours in the kitchen, Jordan’s Holiday Sauce is here to dress up even the blandest of dishes.
Making this next week? We’d love to hear how it goes! Hit us with your best BOU recipe pics #BOUforyou (@bouforyou).
If your turkey is bigger than your oven because you’re hosting a Friendsgiving bash, or 15 of your relatives are traveling to your hometown for the big day, don’t panic! Jeremy and Jordan have just the dish for you to make out of all that leftover turkey meat.
In the second episode, Jordan and Jeremy demonstrate how to make a quick, flavorful pasta dish that uses up the mountain of leftovers from the day before. Featuring our versatile BOU Roasted Garlic Cubes as the secret ingredient, this recipe is exactly what you need to create yet another impressive meal that tastes delicious and fools your family and friends into thinking you spent another full day in the kitchen.
You can find recipes below! From all of us at BOU, we wish you a fast and easy, feast-filled Thanksgiving!
- The BOU Crew
Holiday Sauce (Serves 8-10)
- 4 BOU Classic Country Gravy Cubes
- ½ cup each of the following vegetables, large diced: carrot, onion, celery, red bell pepper, parsnip
- 2 tbsp fresh minced garlic
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup BOU Chicken Bouillon Broth (½ Chicken Bouillon Cube dissolved in hot water)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a large roasting pan with tin foil
- In a large mixing bowl, toss all cut vegetables with oil, garlic, salt and pepper
- Place vegetables in roasting pan and roast for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool at room temperature
- In a blender, combine remaining ingredients and blend with cooked roasted vegetables until smooth
- Put blended gravy into a medium stock pot and cook on medium low for 10 minutes stirring every 2 minutes.
- Serve over any savory dish!
Little Ear Pasta Leftovers
- 1 Roasted Garlic BOU cube
- 1/2 pound Orecchiette Pasta, cooked
- 1.5 cups Broccoli Rabe (Rapini), roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup Pasta Water
- 2 tbsp Grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 4 oz of Leftover: Turkey, Roast, Shrimp, Meat-Based Stuffing, etc.
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a saute pan, bring pasta water and heavy cream to boil.
- Once boiling, add in 1 BOU Garlic Cube and mix so that the liquid reduces by 25% and cube fully disintegrates.
- Add in chili flakes and broccoli rabe and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in pasta and leftover meat and toss pan coating pasta and meat with viscous liquid
- Toss and stir for 3 minutes.
- Plate and garnish with parmesan and enjoy!