The heartiest of soups and stews includes beef stew. This recipe is rich and hearty, filled with starchy vegetables and tender beef, offering a tang of acidity with red wine and vinegar. BOU Beef Bouillon Cubes give it the rich umami to complete the recipe.
Recipe in collaboration with @life.and.liz
1. Combine flour and pepper in bowl, add beef and toss to coat.
2. Heat olive oil in large pot or Dutch oven. Add beef and cook, turning the pieces until beef is browned on all sides.
3. Remove beef from the pot and add vinegar and wine. Cook over medium-high heat, scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to loosen any browned bits. Add beef, water, BOU Bouillon cubes, diced tomatoes, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a slow simmer.
4. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is tender, about 1 1/2 hours. Add onions, carrots, potatoes and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Ladle among 4 bowls and serve with naan or rolls.