Bright Spring Vegetable Pasta with Burrata
Whole Wheat Fusilli (16 oz.) or other short pasta
4 quarts water (16 cups)
1 to 2 BOU Chicken Flavored Bouillon Cube
2 cups fresh English peas or frozen
1 cup fresh asparagus tips
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 yellow medium onion medium, diced
4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
8–12 oz mushrooms sliced or quartered -cremini, shiitake, buttons or morels
½ cup parmesan cheese
1 ball burrata cheese
1/4–1/2 cup fresh chopped herbs- mint, basil, dill, or Italian Parsley or a blend
Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- Bring large pot with 4 quarts water and 2 tbsp of salt to a boil. Add pasta cook to al dente, approx. 7 minutes (see directions on package). During last minute of cooking the pasta, add the fresh peas and asparagus tips to the boiling pasta, turn the heat up to high and quickly blanch for one minute.
- Drain pasta and veggies (reserving 1-2 cups hot pasta water). Do not rinse. Return to pot, turn heat off.
- Warm 2-4 cups of water to dissolve 1 or 2 BOU Flavored Chicken Bouillon Cubes.
- In a deep skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over low-medium heat. Sauté the diced onion until tender and clear, approx. 3-4 minutes.
- Slice mushrooms and roughly chop garlic. Add mushrooms and garlic and sauté until golden and tender, 7-8 minutes.
- Add desired amount of chicken broth to sauteed mushroom and onion skillet while turning heat to medium-high to boil. More broth for more sauce.
- Combine pasta with skillet sauce, gently stir to coat the pasta. Add more chicken broth or reserved pasta water as needed to loosen the pasta and make it saucy. Do not let dry out.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with fresh herbs and grated parmesan cheese as desired.
- Place burrata cheese on top of final plated dish. Serve immediately!
Recipe in collaboration with Philmytummy