Taco Tuesday or taco everyday. Whenever you're in the mood for tacos, come to this recipe. Think juicy pork and lots of seasoning, with a burst of BOU Roasted Garlic Bouillon to bring it all together. Served with a delicious home-made salsa and your favorite taco toppings. This recipe is easy and oh-so-flavorful.
3.5 lbs pork loin
1 cup orange juice
8 oz Coke or preferred cola
2 bay leaves
2 cinnamon sticks
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tbs cumin
1 tbs chipotle powder
1. Pat dry pork loin with paper towel, cut into chunks. season with salt and pepper.
2. Spray a pan with non-stick spray and brown the pork loin chunks.
3. In crockpot combine orange juice, soda, BOU Roasted Garlic Seasoning Cubes, bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, onion, cumin, chipotle powder, salt, and pepper. Stir all the ingredients until incorporated. Add pork chunks into crockpot making sure there is enough liquid to almost cover them.
4. Cook on high for 6 hours, stirring occasionally. Remove pork chunks and transfer to baking sheet lined in aluminum foil and buttered spray. With two forks, shred pork and pour some of the liquid from crockpot.
5. Bake for 10 min at 400°
6. Heat corn tortillas. Assemble tacos with meat and toppings including onion, cilantro, radish, lime, guacamole, and salsa. Enjoy your carnitas tacos!