1 medium head of cauliflower, broken into florets
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
1 ½ tablespoons coconut flour
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon salt
1 BOU Vegetable flavored Cube
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup pizza sauce
¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Spinach and seasonings on top
- Put ½ of the cauliflower florets into bowl of food processor, pulse until it resembles rice (about 30 seconds). Transfer into a large bowl and place other ½ of florets into food processor to repeat above.
- Microwave pulsed cauliflower for 5 minutes OR add all to a pot with 1 inch of water and bring to a boil (with BOU cube) to let it cook for 5 minutes with a lid on. Alternatively, you can also steam the cauliflower.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper.
- Let cauliflower cool for 15 minutes. Once cool enough to handle, transfer cauliflower to a clean dish towel or cheesecloth. Squeeze of excess moisture -- make sure to do this until virtually no water comes out and the cauliflower is dry This is very important to the success of the recipe.
- Next transfer cauliflower pulp to a large bowl and add in egg, mozzarella, parmesan, coconut flour, garlic powder, oregano, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir to combine and form a soft dough.
- Place dough in the middle of the prepared pan and push out with your hands to form a 9-10 inch circle, with about ¼ inch dough thickness.
- Bake for 20 minutes until crust is firm and slightly golden brown. Remove from oven, then top with pizza sauce and cheese (or whatever your heart desires). Bake for 5-10 more minutes until cheese is melted, then turn broiler on for 1-2 minutes to get cheese nice and golden brown and bubbly. Make sure to watch carefully!
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes minutes before cutting into 8 slices and serving. Serves 4, 2 slices each.
Recipe Inspired by: ambitiouskitchen.com