Cheddar Chive Mashed Sweet Potatoes
A twist on the traditional, these mashed sweet potatoes offer sweet and savory flavors to the holiday season or any weeknight meal. BOU vegetable bouillon elevates this recipe with a savory seasoning blend and such yummy taste.
Cheddar Chive Mashed Potatoes
5 white sweet potatoes
8 cups water
4 BOU Vegetable Bouillon cubes
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp reserved vegetable broth
1 ½ cups shredded white cheddar cheese
1/4 cup chives, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Peel potatoes and cut into 1” thick rounds.
2. Add potatoes to a large pot, along with water. Heat over high heat until boiling.
3. Once boiling add in BOU Vegetable Bouillon Cubes, and stir.
4. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 15-20 minutes or until fork-tender.
5. Drain out pot (reserving 2 tbsp of vegetable broth.) Transfer potatoes back into the pot, and add in butter and vegetable broth.
6. Mash potatoes using a hand mixer or potato masher.
7. Once smooth, add in white cheddar cheese, chives, salt and pepper. Mix using a spatula until cheese is melted and everything is well mixed.
8. Serve! (Try it with our BOU Mushroom Gravy!)