2 cups RightRice
3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 lemon, juiced
3-4 Indian Curry Cubes
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 large onions, chopped
3 to 4 cloves garlic
One 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
3 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for brushing
5 roma tomatoes
- Toss the chicken thighs with the lemon juice, curry cubes in a large bowl. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Add the onions, garlic and ginger to a blender and puree until smooth. Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion mixture to the oil and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion mixture is golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring it up to a boil. Score the bottom of each tomato with a paring knife and drop them in the hot water for 15 seconds. Remove from the water and peel off the skin. Place the peeled tomatoes in a blender and puree until smooth. Add them to the onion mixture with some salt.
- Turn heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes begin to turn into a smooth, loose paste and the oil begins to separate from the mixture. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, about 30-45 minutes more.
- Add cream to the chicken and tomato mixture and stir to incorporate. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil
- Add RightRice, immediately remove from heat, and cover
- Let stand covered off heat for 10 min
- Fluff with a fork, let sit 2-3 more mins, and enjoy!