Crispy Cauliflower Tacos
extra virgin olive oil, plus more for rubbing
1 large head cauliflower
1 yellow onion
1/2 tsp chili Powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp salt
1 BOU Chicken Flavored Bouillon Cube
8-12 corn tortillas (recommend corn)
1 cup Mexican style cheese
1/3 cup shredded cabbage
1/3 red onion thinly sliced
For Lime Avocado Crema
1 large avocado, halved
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
1 BOU Roasted Garlic Seasoning Cube
juice from 2 limes
- Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- Chop cauliflower into bite sized florets. Chop onion can use a food processor. Heat olive oil, add cauliflower and onion. Cook until the cauliflower starts to char. Add chili pepper, taco sauce (if seasoning add water according to package), oregano, salt, and 1/3 cup water. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until sauce has thickened slightly, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- While cooking, make a quick pickle of the cabbage and onions. Add sliced ingredients to a bowl and squeeze in the juice of two limes. Occasionally toss ingredients while continuing the recipe.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave, until pliable. Brush the tortillas with olive oil and lay each on a baking sheet. Layer evenly with cheese and cauliflower and fold. Transfer to oven and bake for 8 minutes, then flip and cook another 8 minutes more, or until the cheese has melted and the tortillas are crisp.
- Meanwhile, make the Lime Avocado Crema. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Season with salt.
- Serve the tacos topped with avocado, pickled cabbage and onion, and any other desired toppings.
Recipe in collaboration with Caira Button