Makes 8-10 servingsIngredients
Bone-in leg of lamb, about 6 lbs
½ cup fresh rosemary needles
½ cup fresh mint leaves
1 cup fresh parsley leaves
Juice of 1 lemon
5 cloves garlic
2 oz anchovies, drained
2 teaspoons olive oil
6 medium carrots, cut diagonally into ½-inch chunks
6 Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into ½-inch chunks
BOU Chicken Gravy cubes
- Score the fat layer on the lamb, then let it stand at room temp for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Add herbs, lemon juice, garlic, anchovies and olive oil to a food processor. Blend until a thick paste forms.
- Place the vegetables in the bottom of a roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil. Place the rack on top. Spread the herb paste over the entire surface of the lamb, being sure to work it into the fat scores. Place the lamb on the rack, scored side up.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°, then roast for an additional for 50 min to 1 hour, or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 125°.
- Remove lamb from the oven, cover it with tented foil and let rest 15 minutes. Internal temperature will rise to about 135° (medium-rare). Slice lamb into ½ inch slices then transfer to a serving platter along with the vegetables.
- Whisk 1 BOU Gravy Cube with 1/2 cup of boiling water over high heat (1 cube per every 2 people being served). Transfer to a gravy boat and serve alongside the lamb and vegetables. Enjoy!