Healthy Chicken Instant Pot Chili
- Heat 6 cups of water over high heat on the stove until boiling. Once boiling, remove from heat and whisk in 3 BOU chicken bouillon cubes until fully dissolved. Set aside.
- Add 2 chicken breasts and 2 cups of your chicken broth to an instant pot. Set the pressure cooker to 6 minutes on high pressure, making sure the steam valve is closed.
- Once cook time has elapsed, release steam through the valve, and let the pot sit for 5 minutes before opening the top. Remove lid, and place cooked chicken on a plate and set aside for now.
- Carefully clean the inside of the instant pot.
- Once cleaned, set the instant pot to saute, and add olive oil, onion, garlic, bell pepper, cumin, paprika, and salt. Saute for 3 minutes, tossing often.
- After 3 minutes, add in jalapeno, sweet potato, and black beans. Saute for another 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, add in fire roasted tomatoes and remaining 4 cups of chicken broth. Mix together.
- Seal the lid on, and set pressure cooker to 5 minutes on high pressure. Make sure the steam valve is closed.
- While the chili is cooking, use a fork to shred your chicken breasts.
- Once 5 minutes has elapsed, release steam from valve, and carefully open the lid away from you.
- Add shredded chicken to the pot and stir to incorporate.
- Serve with greek yogurt or sour cream, cilantro and avocado.
- BOU appetit!