BREAKFAST DISCO HASHBROWNS by @indulgenteats
1 BOU Brown Gravy Cube
1/2 cup of boiling water
5-10 frozen hash brown patties (depending on the brand and size)
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
3 slices of bacon
1 handful fresh parsley or chives, chopped
1. Make your gravy by whisking 1 brown gravy cube with 1/2 cup of water over medium-high heat until it starts to boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Lay the strips of bacon in a cold skillet, then cook over medium heat until crispy, about 10 minutes, flipping occasionally. Lay the cooked bacon strips on a paper towel to absorb excess grease, then roughly chop and set aside.
3. Cook hash browns in the oven according to package instructions until golden brown. I arranged mine inside a cast iron skillet, then cooked them in a preheated 425 degree F oven for 20 minutes.
4. Cover the cooked hash browns with mozzarella cheese and chopped bacon, then bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
5. While your hash browns are in the oven, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once oil is hot, swirl the pan to coat the surface, then gently add your eggs and fry over low heat until whites are set, about 3-5 minutes.
6. Remove the hash browns from the oven and top with the eggs. Drizzle with gravy and add chopped parsley or chives for garnish. Serve immediately and enjoy.