BOU Blog Matzo Ball Soup
- Combine matzo mix with 2 eggs and ¼ cup vegetable oil. Chill for about 30 minutes.
- While matzo balls are chilling, dice up the white onion, carrot and celery.
- Add olive oil to large stock pot and add the onion, carrot and celery over medium high heat. Cook until onions are translucent and the carrots and celery look softened. Roughly 5 minutes.
- Add chicken breast to the stock pot.
- Add the water, BOU bouillon cubes, and bay leaves to the stock pot. Cover. Simmer away until the chicken is thoroughly cooked, roughly 20 minutes depending on the size of the chicken breast.
- Take chicken out and shred with a fork.
- Add chicken back in and let the broth simmer until its reduced a little. Add the salt and pepper to desired taste.
- Scoop the matzo meal into roughly 1 inch balls, and drop into the soup!
- Let the matzo balls cook, covered, for about 8 minutes until they are nice and puffed up.
- Serve with chopped parsley on top and enjoy!
Recipe inspired by Paige Moore, @tastefulglutenfree