(Non-Dairy) One Pot Chili Macaroni!
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 14 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 14 oz can diced green chiles
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth (made by dissolving 1 BOU Beef Bouillon Cube in boiling water)
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta (rigatoni)
- green onions, thinly sliced, for topping
- Add the olive oil to a large pot and turn the heat to medium-low. Stir in the onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook until the onions are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon. Cook, stirring often, until browned. This will take about 6-8 minutes. Try turning up the heat occasionally to burn off some of the fat.
- Once the turkey is browned, stir in the tomato paste, chili powder, paprika and cumin. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring often. Pour in the tomatoes, green chiles and homemade BOU beef broth (1 cube with 2.5 cups of boiling water).
- Add the pasta, and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cover the pot and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the pasta from sticking to the bottom. The pasta should absorb all the liquid. Taste and season additionally if needed.
- Serve with sliced green onions and enjoy!