1 pound Reunion Foods lean ground beef
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small yellow onion diced
1 small green bell pepper diced
8 ounces brown mushrooms minced
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon arrowroot powder (sub cornstarch)
1 cup BOU beef broth (1/2 BOU Beef bouillon cube + 1 cup boiling water)
8 ounces Provolone Cheese Slices chopped (use 6oz if you don't want it very cheesy)
6 hamburger buns, of choice
1. Add the ground beef to a large cast iron skillet and brown until a deep brown crust appears before breaking the beef apart.
2. Stir the ground beef and brown until a deep crust appears on about 50 or so percent of the beef.
3. Remove the beef (draining the fat) and add the olive oil and the onions and bell peppers and mushrooms.
4. Let brown for 1-2 minutes before stirring, then let brown for another 1-2 minutes before stirring again.
5. Add the beef back into the pan.
6. In a small cup mix the beef broth and arrowroot powder together.
7. Add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, beef broth/cornstarch mixture into the pan.
8. Cook until the mixture is only slightly liquidy (about 75% of the mixture is above liquid), 3-5 minutes.
9. Turn off the heat, add in the provolone cheese.
10. Served on toasted hamburger buns. Enjoy!