Yields 4, 1-cup servings
1 lb grass-fed sirloin steak, sliced thin
1 large onion, sliced
1 yellow summer squash, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
1 red or orange bell pepper, sliced
Sea salt and black pepper
3 scallions, sliced, for garnish
1 cup coconut aminos
2 tablespoons real maple syrup
Juice of 1 lime
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Beef BOU cube
1. Place the steak, onion, squash and pepper in a large bowl. Toss well with tongs.
2. In a small pot, combine all sauce ingredients. Heat gently over low heat while whisking, until BOU is completely dissolved.
3. Pour sauce into liquid measuring cup. Set aside.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add ¼ of the stir fry mixture along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
5. Briefly stir the sauce to distribute the garlic, then add ¼ of the sauce to the wok. Continue cooking and stirring for 2 more minutes.
6. Remove stir-fry from pan. Repeat steps 4-6 three more times.
7. Garnish with scallions, serve, and enjoy!