For the sweet potato “bacon”:
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Slice your sweet potato into very thin matchsticks.
- In a small bowl whisk together liquid smoke, maple syrup, and BOU vegetable bouillon cube until well combined.
- Toss sweet potato in the mixture and then lay flat on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, toss, and bake for a final 5 minutes. Let cool and harden before serving. Set aside.
For the poached eggs:
- In a medium pot, heat at least 4” of water over high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and add white vinegar.
- Crack a cold, large egg into a small ramekin.
- Use a spoon or spatula to create a vortex in the water, once spinning carefully pour your egg into the center. Let cook for 3 minutes before scooping out with a slotted spoon.
- Do this for all 4 eggs. If you feel the water temperature has gotten too low, bring it back to a boil before moving on to the next egg.
For the base:
- Heat a skillet over medium heat with 1 tsp olive oil. Once hot, add your Soozy’s muffin halves to the pan, cook on each side just until browned. Transfer muffin halves to your serving plates.
- Add spinach, salt and pepper to the same skillet and toss constantly just until wilted. Evenly divide spinach onto your muffin halves.
For the hollandaise sauce:
- Add egg yolks, spicy brown mustard, and lemon juice to a blender. Blend on high for 5 seconds.
- Bring the blender to a high speed, and slowly pour the butter in a steady stream. The sauce should thicken as you pour the butter.
For the assembly:
1. Add poached eggs to the muffin and spinach base, and drizzle with hollandaise sauce. Top with sweet potato “bacon.