BOU Blog Vegan Black Bean Meatballs
To make meatballs:
1. Pulse 1 cup of rolled oats in food processor until a flour forms.
2. Add the remaining ingredients to processor and blend until well combined. It is done when there is no loose flour.
3. Using a tablespoon or small ice cream scoop, roll into “meatballs.”
4. In a large non-stick pan, heat olive oil for 1 minute. Add balls and cook for 1 minute per side.
5. Cover with lid and cook for 5-6 minutes on medium heat. “Meatballs” are done when they are hot and steaming when cut into.
1. To cook pasta, bring a large pot of water and BOU Bouillon Cubes to a boil over high heat.
2. Once boiling, add in Cali’Flour Foods pasta. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring often.
3. Drain pasta. Serve with desired pasta sauce and top with meatballs.
Recipe by Maria Koutsogiannis & photo by Tamara Ruth-King