What's better than stuffing during the holidays? Healthier stuffing made with wild rice and BOU Bouillon Cubes, of course!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the wild rice in a medium pot and pour in the vegetable or chicken stock.
2. Add a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook until the rice no longer has a bite, about 50 minutes, adding a little more water as necessary to keep the rice covered. Drain and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
3. Place a large saute pan over medium heat and add a thin layer of grapeseed oil. Add the sausage to the pan, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it browns. Once the sausage is completely cooked through, use as slotted spoon to transfer it to the bowl with the wild rice.
4. Add the celery and onion to the pan and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Saute over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender. Add the apples and continue cooking until they are softened, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in the herbs.
5. Add the vegetable mixture to the wild rice and stir in the walnuts. Taste the stuffing for seasoning, adding salt and pepper as necessary. Transfer to a casserole dish, dot with butter, and place in the oven. Bake for about 10 minutes or until warmed through.